< Publications >
< Short Fiction >
< Application Samples >
< Presentations >
Profile & Recent Projects
JB Editing specializes in communications creation and review, serving clients at an international level. They provide research, writing, and editorial support for academics, professionals, and creatives, boasting a flexibility and level of customer care that outpaces their competition.
Clients continue to trust JB Editing with everything from precious pieces of personal work, to graduate-level academic dissertations and non-fiction publications. To get a better idea of what JB Editing could bring to your project, here are some notes on a few of their most recent projects:
- [ongoing] Technical proofreader for scientific research and economic development consulting firm based out of Toronto. Help advance and finalize key reporting materials before final submission to governing bodies. Subjects under review range from medicine, to infrastructure, to computer technology.
- [ongoing] Blog Writer for local community organization The Local Good, and responsible for newsletter campaigns and audience engagement. Recently co-led a month-long social goodness campaign at #LocalGoodnessYEG.
- [complete] Full-scope editor bringing initial ideas and brainstorming for a children’s short story to final draft and eventually, publishable final product. In this case, JB Editing was able to curate and format the manuscript for ease of publication.
- [complete] Short-term editor for major digital research company out of Germany called R2G, focusing on streamlining translated material.
- [complete] Manuscript co-ordinator for U.S. writer who didn’t know how to begin writing her book, and needed a boost. Book has now been published here.
- [complete] Short Story Ghost Writer for over-seas publishing company requiring science-fiction short stories. Delivered 20,000 word manuscripts in as little as 10 days.
JB Editing, did a great job editing R2G’s report. She delivered the final report even before the set deadline.
One could see she pays close attention to detail, re-writes the copy wisely to make it better without changing the main idea. I really enjoyed working with Jessica.Stela Nikolova (Marketing Manager at R2G), 2020
It was so amazing to work with JB Editing! Jessica is meticulous at editing and her attention to detail really helped me create an amazing product. She is very talented and truly cares for her clients. I will be working with her again!Erin Blondeau, 2019
Jess is one of the best freelancers I’ve ever hired. She’s accountable, timely, efficient, and a bang-up writer. Probably one of the top 3 writers i’ve ever worked with. As a ghostwriter, she’s extremely adaptable, a chameleon who can quickly sound like a domain expert in a foreign area. Highly recommended all around if you need a writer extraordinaire.Joe Tuan, 2019
As always, an outstanding experience with Jessica. A true wordsmith in her own right, this freelancer is top notch and I would hire her again (which I will!) in a second. She pays close attention to detail and went above and beyond on this project for me, once again. Thanks so much, Jessica – a real pleasure to work with!Mathew Dueck, 2019
Jessica did a very thorough and professional job as a beta-reader for my upcoming non-fiction book. She went above and beyond what I was expecting, and gave me a lot of very useful and honest feedback that I can use to improve my work. Much appreciated.Ian Howlett, 2018
I loved working with Jessica! She was patient and gave me the space needed for me to think and contemplate. She was able to transform “wordiness” into “wonder” in the mindset of my audience. I plan on using Jessica again for my upcoming projects!Wendy Passer, 2018
I had the pleasure of working with Jessica…during the development of our new company website where she contributed her copywriting talents. Jessica was incredibly insightful during the creative process and provided high-quality content on our tight timelines. She is truly a master communicator— from her bright personality to her quality writing, she would be an asset to any team!James Kurczaba, 2017